Phi Gamma Delta is a fraternity with chapters located throughout the United States and Canada. The fraternity was founded at Jefferson College located in Pennsylvania in 1848. The fraternity headquarters are located in Lexington, Kentucky. Phi Gamma Delta, along with Phi Kappa Psi, formed the Jefferson Duo because the two fraternities were founded on the same campus within four years of each other.
Six students at Jefferson University were determined to form a secret society. They met and formed The Delta Association. The founders known as the Immortal Six included John Templeton McCarty, Samuel Beatty Wilson, James Elliott, Jr., Ellis Bailey Gregg, Daniel Webster Crofts, and Naaman Fletcher. The fraternity constitution was adopted on May 1, 1848, which is also when the first regular fraternity meeting took place.
The Red Cross is the official international philanthropy of Phi Gamma Delta.
"Friendship, the sweetest influence."
- Fraternity color is royal purple
- Fraternity flower is the purple clematis
- Fraternity values are friendship, knowledge, morality, service and excellence
- Fraternity priorities are scholarship, fraternity, self
- Nicknames are FIJI or Phi Gam
- Semi-annual magazine The Phi Gamma Delta goes to all brothers
- Leadership academy hosted every January open to all members of Phi Gamma Delta
- Calvin Coolidge (U.S. President)
- Johnny Carson (Former host of the Tonight Show)
- John Ritter (Actor)
- Morgan Spurlock (Actor)
- Matthew Fox (Actor)
phi gamma delt, pi gamma delta, phi gamme delta, fiji, phi gam, phi ganna delta