Delta Upsilon fraternity is the first non-secret fraternity ever founded. Delta Upsilon was founded in 1834 on the campus of Williams College in Williamstown, Massachusetts. The four founding principles for Delta Upsilon include the promotion of friendship, the development of character, the diffusion of liberal culture and the advancement of justice.
The founding of Delta Upsilon by 30 men came in response to activities taking place from two other secret societies on the campus of Williams College. The vision of Delta Upsilon is to be the premier men's fraternity committed to building better men through service, leadership, development and lifelong personal growth. In 2009, the fraternity will celebrate its 175th anniversary.
The official philanthropy for Delta Upsilon is the Boys & Girls Clubs of the United States and Canada.
"Justice Our Foundation."
- Fraternity colors are old gold and sapphire blue
- Fraternity headquarters in Indianapolis, Indiana
- Fraternity manual: The Cornerstone: Delta Upsilon's Guide to College and Beyond
- Sixth oldest international fraternity in existence
- First ever non-secret fraternity founded
- Michael Eisner (Former Disney CEO)
- Lou Holtz (ESPN Analyst)
- James A. Garfield (U.S. President)
- Charles G. Dawes (U.S. Vice President)
- John Thain (CEO New York Stock Exchange)
delta epsilon, delta upsilons, delta oopsilon, delta epslon, delta upslon